|Dear Reseller,This blog/RSS entry contains important information about the following:
LogicBoxes are excited to announce that they will be launching their Free Domain Forwarding Service on the 9th of August. This latest addition to their suite of Free Products will be offered with every service that is provisioned through the LogicBoxes Platform.
As they approach the launch, they would like to furnish you with the changes that you and your Resellers may need to undertake to ensure a seamless update. We have described the impact of this launch below:
Domain Forwarding Sign-up and Setup:
1. All accounts on the system will be signed up for the Free Domain Forwarding Service on the 9th of August
2. All customer and sub-reseller sign-ups post 9th August will be automatically signed up for this service
3. As Domain Forwarding will become a free product, the pricing tables will be removed from your and your Resellers’ control panels
Activating Free Domain Forwarding:
In order to activate the Free Domain Forwarding Service, your Resellers and Customers will need to:
1. Navigate to the associated Product Management Console
2. Click on the Free Domain Forwarding button
3. Click on the Activate Domain Forwarding button
4. Once successfully activated, the Activate Domain Forwarding button will be replaced by a Manage Domain Forwarding button
Nameserver Information: 1. If the domain name using the service is registered through the LogicBoxes system, but the nameservers are not the same as those required to use the Domain Forwarding Service, our system will prompt the customer by displaying an Auto Update Nameservers button. On clicking this button, the nameservers will be updated automatically.
2. If the domain name is not registered with us, and the nameservers are not the same as those required to use the Domain Forwarding Service, the required nameservers will be displayed to the Customer. The auto-updation option will not be available, as these domains are not being managed through the LogicBoxes platform.
Impact on Existing Orders:
1. If the Domain Forwarding order is associated with one or more Products in the system, your Customers will simply need to search for the Product associated with the Domain Forwarding Service and access the management console from the Order Details View. Alternatively, your Customers and Resellers can use the widget on the Control Panel homepage to locate their Domain Forwarding Service.
2. If the Domain Forwarding order is not associated with any other Product in the system, your Customers and Resellers can use the widget on the Control Panel homepage to locate their Domain Forwarding Service.
API Impact: The relevant methods can be found under the DomainFwd class, within the DomainsKit.
Changes to the Existing API:
The following methods will be deprecated on the 9th of August:
The following methods will be added:
The above information has been put together to give you a perspective of the expected modifications, so that you can make any necessary changes on your site / use of the API.Through the course of this week, we will continue to send you regular updates on all developments on this front. We urge you to pass on this information to your Resellers at the earliest possible so they can prepare for the launch at their end as well. Do feel free to contact us in case you have absolutely any questions regarding the above details.
Please feel free to contact us if you requuire any assistance.