ICANN ERRP Update, platform updates, RGP system changes and Privacy Protection Service update.
Further to our blog posting of July 9th, regarding the ICANN ERRP mandatory policy requirements, we are re-iterating these requirements here, and in our blog posting of today.
ICANNs ERRP Policy:
- Registrars must ensure that at least 2 mandatory expiration reminders are sent to the Registrant at Expiry (RAE), approximately a month before, and a week before the expiration of a domain name. Additionally, at least one more reminder must be sent to the RAE within 5 days of domain expiration. This communication has to be in the language of the registration agreement
- The renewal fee and restoration fee have to be made available to the Registrant at the time of domain registration. These fees have to be updated on the Reseller’s websites and a URL of the same has to be included in the registration agreement
- The communication channel to be used for notifications must be displayed on the Reseller’s website and a link for the same has to be included in the registration agreement
The platform is having the following amendments completed shortly to assist with the mandatory policy requirements:
- 2 new e-mails templates will be introduced in the system for the pre as well as post expiry notifications mandated by ICANN, 30 and 7 days before expiry and immediately after expiry. These mails shall be sent out for gTLDs only, the platform (once it has been updated) will allow for modification of the emails which will come from the “Sales” address you have set within the platform.
- The default registration agreement will also be updated to include the new points mandated by ICANN.
- The Supersite will be updated to incorporate the display of pricing details and the communication channels being used to notify Registrants.
VERY IMPORTANT: If you have customized the supersite pricing pages (manually edited them for example) you will need to go into the supersite admin section and check/update your custom page. The same can be said for the legal agreements if you have made any modification to those on the OrderBox. Please check on the 31st August 2013.
I do not use the supersite or the platform selling tools, I use the API, what do I have to do:
If you do NOT use the supersite for your sales tool, for example you use a billing application such as Blesta, WHMCS, AWBS, HostBillAPP or an internal “home grown” system using the OrderBox API, you are required to display as per the ICANN Policy update the items listed in this mandatory policy by ICANN. You should cover on your own sites the following mandatory points:
- Renewal and Restoration pricing is clearly displayed in all terms and conditions, or a link to a page on your site showing the renewal and restoration pricing.
- Display instructions describing the manner in which Registrants will be notified about domain name expiry and renewal (ie your billing app sends out renewal reminders)
If you link to the OrderBox Legal Agreements on your own site ( a nice easy way of getting all agreements “RAA” and compliance solved in one go when your customer clicks “accept Terms and conditions” in your billing app ) then please update ALL pricing on your NEO interface for customers as this will be linked within the legal agreements, namely renewal, registration and restoration pricing.
If you need help or further explanation, please contact support.
LogicBoxes were trying to introduce the option to customize the mandatory renewal email templates on the 15th, then the 19th, 20th and 21st of August, as of this moment they are ironing out a bug, we will tweet or blog as soon as we are aware it is completed, please follow us on twitter #netearthone or our blog http://188.8.131.52/~netearthgr/blog
Once the above is live, you will see it under “Settings >> System Notifications >> Email”
The legal agreements and supersite are also being updated for the ERRP requirements above and will be completed by the end of August.
Renewal Grace Period updates:
Partners reselling the following TLDs through us, the Renew Grace Period will be revised from 30 to 16 days for all .COM, .NET, .ORG, .INFO and .BIZ domain names.
The following TLDs will be changed from 40 to 36 days for .NAME, .CO, .PRO, .MOBI, .US, .ME and .TV domain names. Additionally, keeping in line with partner requests, the Renew Grace Period for .IN domain names will be revised to 36 days from the current 15 days.
After the 16th/36th day from expiry (depending on tld as listed above), the domain names will be queued for deletion by the system, and no modifications would be possible unless restored.
The change to the 30 > 16 days (.COM, .NET, .ORG, .INFO and .BIZ) will take effect from 15th September 2013, the change from 40 to 36 days (.NAME, .CO, .PRO, .MOBI, .US, .ME and .TV) will be with immediate effect as well as .IN.
Privacy Protection service update:
LogicBoxes are in the process of making the “PrivacyProtect.org” privacy service chargeable, we have been made aware that ResellerClub (owned by DI/LB) are looking to charge $3 per year for the service. We are in negotiation to get this pricing down with LB, and, also looking to implement our own privacy service, albeit this will be chargeable it should not be anywhere near as expensive. We are also adding extra features to the privacy service, for example contact can be made via email to the domain owner and by contact type as well. Our service will also have a proper UK address. We will send out a further update to this once it is complete via our blog and twitter.
We have been waiting for LB to fix one of their API calls that allows us to gain the contact information for a given domain, this call was fixed earlier this week. .
If you should need ANY assistance, please do not hesitate to email email@example.com or pop onto live chat when available.