As we have just found out, Unlimited Linux Web Hosting will come with cPanel from the 8th of April, 2010! LB have listed the impact of this launch below:
Activation and Important Details:
- Linux Web Hosting will now come with Fanatastico
- cPanel will be activated by default for all Resellers who have signed up for Web Hosting
- If you would like to sign up for Web Hosting, you can do so by going to:
Settings >> Products >> Manage Product Signup
Impact on existing orders:
There will be no impact on existing orders as part of this launch. All existing packages will continue to use the existing Control Panel.
Managing cPanel Hosting Packages:
You will be able to access and manage cPanel Hosting packages using the following methods:
- The Manage Web Hosting button in the Order Details View in the Control Panel. The Customer will be automatically logged in, in this scenario
- Domain_Name/cpanel – Your Customer will have to enter their main FTP username and password to login. These details will be sent to the Customer as part of the order confirmation mail.
- Domain_Name_IP_Address/cpanel – The login details here are the same as above
Connecting via FTP:
- It is recommended that Customers connect to their cPanel Package using FTPS on Port 21
- Alternatively, they can connect via plain FTP on Port 2021. This will need to be used for publishing your website through a Website Builder Package.
LB will be sending across more information on this launch very soon.